Monday, March 12, 2012

What's Next?

This last weekend was the 15th Annual Palmetto Pump down in Charleston at the James Island County Park climbing wall.  For the competition they got a lot of new holds from So ILL, Rock Candy, Project, Element  and a couple of other companies which I will say made the competition a lot better.  It was very easy to tell the holds that had been on the wall for a while because it was like trying to grab onto a plastic playground slide, they were almost gripless, but the routes were very well set and it definitely made for a lot of fun.  The majority of people there were under the age of 14 which made me realize how out of shape I am and how much of an impact some of the kids out there would someday hopefully make on climbing.  But the comp was more of a fun climbing event than a real comp, the winners didn't get anything, but their name called, all of the prizes were given out in raffle.  I came in 3rd in the adults division even though I feel like performance-wise I should have done better and placement-wise I should've been in 4th because there was at least one person that was better than me that placed lower because he was only trying the hardest routes and didn't fill his card.  Overall it was a lot of fun and I plan on being there again next year.

Now it is time to focus on the upcoming Jocassee Gorge Trail Day, it will be an organized event to help clean up some of the trails and areas around Beasley Gap, Little Eastatoee, Big Eastatoee, and Sasquatch. I have posted about this before, but I am very excited to get out there and help clean up some areas that deserve to look much better than they do now.  Check the event out here!


No comments:

Post a Comment